Privacy StatementThe Employment Development Information Centre t/a EDI Centre respects the rights of users of our website and is committed to protecting your privacy in accordance with the Data Protection Acts of 1988 and 2003 and we are committed to adherence to the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) which became fully effective on 25 May 2018 as well as the provisions of the Data Protection Act 2018. This privacy statement relates to our practices in connection with our website.
Who we are and what we do
The EDI Centre was established in 1998 and is managed by a voluntary committee and includes representatives from Longford & District Council Trade Unions, Local Employment Action Groups, Longford Community Resources CLG and Longford County Council. We are just one of the Congress Centres for the Unemployed affiliated to the Irish Congress of Trade Unions. Our overall aim is to help meet the needs of people who are unemployed and welfare dependent by providing the following services: Information provision and dissemination, job search service, CV preparation, Cover Letter writing, interview techniques, delivery of two full-time LWETB LTI programmes and the delivery of training and education courses to unemployed people and groups locally, typing service and the delivery of a Recycling Service (the Revamp 3R Furniture Store). We also rent rooms to members of the public and to various organisations on a regular basis for the purpose of conferences, meetings, training courses etc.
Collection and use of personal information
Personal identifiable information for the purposes of this document is information that can identify an individual such as name, address and contact details. The EDI Centre makes no attempt to identify individual visitors to our website. The EDI Centre does not collect any personal data about you on this website, apart from information which you freely volunteer (for example by writing to us, e-mailing us or by phoning us). By making contact with us in any of these ways in order to avail of any of our services we may record your name, address, phone number and email address. Any information which you provide is used only in line with the purpose for which you provide it. We will only pass your details to another agency if that agency is relevant to your enquiry and you have given your consent for us to do so. Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over cookies that other websites might use. If you choose to enter such a linked site, you agree that we are not responsible for the availability of such websites and do not review or endorse and shall not be liable, directly or indirectly, for:
- * how these websites treat your personal identifiable information
- * the content of such websites
- * the use that others make of these websites
Please ensure you check the terms and conditions and the legal and privacy statements posted on each website you link to before entering any personal identifiable information.
StatCounterThe EDI Centre uses Statcounter.com for statistical purposes.
* Time and date of visit (this can help us to identify and plan for busy periods on our website)
* IP address (this is a numerical label assigned to a device by an Internet Service Provider to enable the device to access the internet)
* Browser and Operating System (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the browsers/operating systems used to access our site)
* Device Information e.g. device type and screen size (this can help us to make sure that our website functions correctly in the devices used to access our site)
* Referring Data e.g. a search engine link (this can help us to understand which search engines are helping visitors to find our website)
Furthermore, when you visit our website a Statcounter cookie (called "is_unique") may be placed in your browser. This cookie is used only to determine whether you are a first-time or returning visitor and to estimate unique visits to the site.
You can learn more about cookies from Statcounter and set your browser to refuse same here:
In accordance with section 4 of the Data Protection Acts you have a right to be given a copy of any of your personal data held by us. To request a copy of your personal data please send your request in writing along with the fee of €6.35:
* Please note your request must be in writing
* We shall not process any request unless the prescribed fee of €6.35 is received
* We do not accept such requests via email, telephone or text message
* Proof of identification will be required
* We will reply to your request within the mandatory 40 calendar days
Right of Rectification or erasure
You have the right to have any of your personal data held by us amended if it is inaccurate or erased if you feel we do not have a legitimate reason for retaining it. There is no fee to have personal data updated or erased; requests will be dealt with within the mandatory 40 calendar days of receipt of such a request:
* Your request must be in writing
* Include your name and address
* A description of the specific personal data you wish rectified
- If you request an erasure of your personal data all your data will be erased subject to the following important notice:
We are not required to rectify or erase your data where to do so would prevent you from meeting your contractual obligations to us or where we are required to process (including retaining) your personal data for a lawful purpose in accordance with the Data Protection Acts.
Breda Murphy, Centre Coordinator, Personal Identifiable Information Request, EDI Centre, 11A2 Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Road, Longford, Co Longford, N39 Y0F4
We may occasionally update this Privacy Statement. If the changes we make are material, we may also post a notice regarding the changes on our website. We encourage you to periodically review this Privacy Statement.