Who we are
The Longford Employment Development and Information Centre (EDI Centre) was established in 1998 by Longford Community Resources Clg and the Longford and District Council of Trade Unions and is affiliated to the Irish Congress of Trade Unions (ICTU).
The EDI Centre is committed to the empowerment and development of the people of County Longford and surrounding areas so they can better avail of education, training, information and employment opportunities that will benefit themselves, their families and the wider community.
The main purpose of the Employment, Development and Information Centre is to provide the people of County Longford with equal opportunities in education, training and employment and help individuals realise their full potential.
Our experience of working with unemployed people since the 1990s has resulted in a new level of expertise within our centre of the local labour market, and support services provided by all state agencies to those seeking employment.
The focus of our work is on information provision and dissemination, mediation and pre-employment supports, education and training, small business supports, delivery of outreach services to rural areas and delivery of a furniture collection and recycling service, the Revamp 3RStore.
A central location, trained staff, well established links with statutory agencies and tailor-designed services mean the EDI Centre is providing a responsive and progressive service to the local community in County Longford.
We are committed to:
- equality, justice and promoting diversity and opposes discrimination of any sort
- positive social change to address poverty and exclusion
- working in partnership and adopts a community development approach
- pursuing social, environmental and economic sustainability for all
The EDI Centre:
- values its staff and volunteers as the key resource of the organisation
- is an independent organisation and is non-party political
- empowers individuals to take charge of their own development
- strives for excellence in all that it undertakes in order to provide high quality services
- conducts its business in an open, honest, transparent and accountable way to its members and stakeholders
Details: All Community Employment positions are developmental opportunities, no experience...
The Sláintecare Healthy Communities Programme was launched in 2021 to provide increased health and...
CE Supervisor Vacancy Position closed: 21st January 2021 EDI Centre Clg. (Which is funded by the...
We are expanding our Tutor Panel If you have a passion for teaching and have some wisdom to share...
COVID All our services are back up and running and open to the public. We look forward to...