Catering Assistant vacancy on our Community Employment Programme.
19.5 hours per week. This position is based in the EDI Centre’s Easy Dine In Training restaurant and canteen.
Duties of this post include but are not limited to:
- Prepare and cook food for breakfast and lunch
- Serve food and deal with orders methodically
- Carry out temperature control checks
- Assist with the baking of breads, cakes, etc
- Assist with daily and weekly menus
- Use cash register to accept payments
- Assist with routine cleaning of the kitchen and all equipment and utensils
- Ensure all health, safety and hygiene procedures are always implemented and adhered to
- Participate in all required training
- Stock control
The Community Employment Programme (also known as a “CE Scheme”) is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities.
Participants on CE can take up other part-time work during their placement.
Benefits of Participating on Community Employment include:
- Access to, and financial support for, education & training
- PRSI ‘A’ contribution paid (paid employment)
- Progress to sustainable full-time employment / self-employment
- Those on reduced DSP payments receive wages based on the full DSP rate while on CE
- You may be eligible for the Community Employment Childcare (CEC) Programme
- Medical Card retained while on CE
- You will keep your entitlement to the extra benefits you were getting immediately before going onto CE, provided you continue to satisfy the conditions for these benefits
- Financial support for education & training
- You may be eligible for the National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
Please submit CVs to Nicola or Marie:
You can post CVs to: CE Assistant Coordinator, EDI Centre, 11A2 Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Road, Longford, N39 Y0F4.
Or if you are passing by you can drop your CV into our reception area, please mark CVs for the attention of the CE Assistant Coordinator.
You can also contact Nicola and Marie by phoning 043-3347515
More information on the EDI Centre’s Community Employment Scheme and our vacancies can be found on our Blog