We have a vacancy on our Community Employment Scheme for a Clerical Assistant
This position is based in The EDI Centre, Longford Town
19.5 hrs per week. CE Rates apply
Duties of this Clerical Assistant post include but are not limited to:
- Greeting members of the public
- Assisting with job search service
- Recording of all room bookings
- Upkeep of Centre calendar
- Promote the services within EDI to the public
Any other duties that may arise
Please submit CVs to Nicola @ email@example.com
You can post CVs to: Nicola Mullervy, EDI Centre, 11A2 Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Road, Longford, N39 Y0F4.
Or if you are passing by you can drop your CV into our reception area, please mark CVs for the attention of Nicola Mullervy.
You can also contact Nicola by phoning 043-3347515
The Community Employment Programme (also known as a “CE Scheme”) is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities.
Participants on a CE Scheme can take up other part-time work during their placement and this will not affect their CE payment.
Benefits of participating on Community Employment
- Access to, and financial support for, education & training
- PRSI ‘A’ contribution paid (paid employment)
- Progress to sustainable full-time employment / self-employment
- Those on reduced DSP payments receive wages based on the full DSP rate while on CE
- You may be eligible for the Community Employment Childcare (CEC) Programme
- Medical Card retained while on CE
- You will keep your entitlement to the extra benefits you were getting immediately before going onto CE, provided you continue to satisfy the conditions for these benefits
- Financial support for education & training
- You may be eligible for the National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
You can read more about Community Employment here
And a video by Intreo on Community Employment can be viewed here