The EDI Centre’s Job Search Service offers support and advice to individuals seeking employment or looking to change career. We can help create your CV, compile a Cover Letter, complete Job Application Forms and carry out Mock Interviews.
Purpose of CV’s
CV’s help jobseekers showcase their qualifications to potential employers.
The purpose of a CV is to provide an overview of your academic and professional background, skills, experiences, and accomplishments.
A well-written CV should highlight your relevant achievements, education, work history, skills, and qualifications.
Information should be in a clear and organized manner, allowing employers to quickly assess your suitability.
Additionally, a CV will also include personal information, such as contact details and references.
Overall, the purpose of a CV is to present a compelling case for why you are a good fit for the job.
The purpose of a cover letter is to introduce yourself, highlight relevant experiences and skills and express your enthusiasm for the opportunity.
It accompanies your CV allowing you to expand on achievements or experiences that are relevant to the job you’re applying for.
A cover letter explains why you are interested in the position and how you can contribute to the organisation.
Additionally, a cover letter provides you with an opportunity to address any potential concerns or gaps in your CV.
Overall, the purpose of a cover letter is to make a compelling case for why you are the best candidate for the job and to motivate the company to consider you for an interview.
The purpose of a mock interview is to provide an interview experience that closely resembles a real job interview.
Mock interviews help you prepare for specific job interviews by reviewing the types of questions you may encounter and allowing you to practice your responses.
- They allow you to practice your interview skills, including verbal communication, body language, and responses.
- Help you to gain confidence in your abilities and become more comfortable with the interview process which will help reduce nervousness and anxiety.
- Receive constructive feedback which can help you identify areas for improvement.
- You can use a mock interview to assess your strengths and weaknesses and to identify areas where you may need improvement.
Overall, the purpose of mock interviews is to help you enhance your interview skills, build confidence, and increase your chances of success in real job interviews.
So if you are:
- Changing career or starting your first ever job?
- No idea what you should or shouldn’t include in your CV?
- Don’t have time to type your CV yourself?
- Looking to increase your job options?
Why not contact us and see how we can help.