This new position within the team at EDI Centre / REVAMP 3RStore will focus on working with community and businesses to transition materials to a circular economy. REVAMP 3RStore has 20 years’ experience in furniture up-cycling and recycling and is currently developing and implementing innovative ideas.
You will work with senior staff and management to deliver a range of activities and outputs associated with REVAMP 3RStores Circular Economy programme.
We are looking for an individual who has experience working on circularity, waste, and resources, preferably within the upcycling / recycling sector.
About the Role
Working with the EDI Centre / REVAMP 3RStore as Development Manager, create the opportunity to lead a team dedicated to finding the solutions that address environmental and societal issues through the adoption of circular economy principles and practice.
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational leader who has experience working on circularity, waste, and resources, has strong analytical, strategy and stakeholder engagement skills. You will be passionate about sustainability, have strong administration skills, be able to manage stakeholder relationships, and have a positive, can-do attitude. The role has scope for the successful candidate to truly make their mark within the organisation and the industry and be provided with the opportunity to work and grow as part of a dynamic team and working environment.
Reporting directly to the Board of Management, as Development Manager you will lead and grow the team and operations to support the development of the circular economy within the midland region. The role will include but will not be limited to:
- Project management and administration of projects, including:
- Internal and external communications and reporting
- Stakeholder management
- Delivery of oral and written communications
- Financial control and budget management
- Preparation of technical and financial reports
- Managing teams and resources
- Building on and developing strong relationships with business partners, local authorities, government agencies and academic institutions to create opportunities to promote the circular economy
- Investigating and creating funding opportunities in support of circular economy objectives
- Supporting social enterprise development and participating in the centre’s mentoring programmes
- Preparing project proposals, funding applications etc.
- Marketing and communicating research on the circular economy, including :
- Public awareness campaigns, platforms and tools
- Representing the Centre on national platforms/representative bodies, at meetings, conferences and events
- Undertaking other duties as required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job Role Requirements
- A relevant third level qualification in Community Development and or a demonstrable equivalent (at least five to seven years) experience in working at a senior level in the Community & Voluntary or Social Enterprise sectors.
- Significant project management experience and ability to demonstrate skills development within a similar role
- Experience in writing successful funding proposals and managing collaborative projects
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Keen interest and knowledge of environmental issues and the circular economy
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills including an ability to accurately analyse and interpret data to inform project decisions
- Self-motivated, highly organised individual with ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Proficient in the use of IT and programmes including Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
Notes for Applicants the Application Process is in the form of a CV and covering letter illustrating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position
Applications and queries to be emailed to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 5pm on October 15th 2021. Based on the information contained in the CV and cover letter, the interview committee will select candidates for interview. Shortlisting and interview decisions will be based on the committee’s assessment of candidates’ qualifications, experience and skills in the areas highlighted above.
Note: This summary is supplied for information only and does not constitute contractual terms. This is a full time fixed term up to December 2023. The contract may be extended subject to funding. Salary negotiable on experience.