General Operative vacancies on our Community Employment Programme.
19.5 hours per week. These positions are based with REVAMP 3RStores Reused Paint Project and with the EDI Centre
Duties of this post include but are not limited to:
- Selecting paint suitable for recycling
- Upcycling of used paint and furniture
- Preparing furniture items for restoration
- Dismantling furniture items prior to painting where necessary
- Mixing paints
- Hand painting furniture items where appropriate
- Spray painting furniture items where appropriate
- Promote the services within EDI and Revamp 3RStore to the public
The Community Employment Programme (also known as a “CE Scheme”) is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities.
Participants on CE can take up other part-time work during their placement.
Benefits of Participating on Community Employment include:
- Access to, and financial support for, education & training
- PRSI ‘A’ contribution paid (paid employment)
- Progress to sustainable full-time employment / self-employment
- Those on reduced DSP payments receive wages based on the full DSP rate while on CE
- You may be eligible for the Community Employment Childcare (CEC) Programme
- Medical Card retained while on CE
- You will keep your entitlement to the extra benefits you were getting immediately before going onto CE, provided you continue to satisfy the conditions for these benefits
- Financial support for education & training
- You may be eligible for the National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
Please submit CVs to Mary @ firstname.lastname@example.org
You can post CVs to: CE Coordinator, EDI Centre, 11A2 Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Road, Longford, N39 Y0F4.
Or if you are passing by you can drop your CV into our reception area, please mark CVs for the attention of the CE Coordinator.
You can also contact Mary by phoning 043-3347515
You can read more about Community Employment here and a video by Intreo on Community Employment can be viewed here
More information on the EDI Centre’s Community Employment Scheme and our vacancies can be found on our Blog