To support and inform a healthier diet, the Healthy Food Made Easy (HFME) programme will provide their nutrition and cookery course that helps people to change to a healthy diet, make affordable healthier choices when shopping, cooking and eating, plan meals on a budget and make easy to cook meals.
This course is usually run over 6 sessions, each of 2 or 2.5 hours duration. The emphasis throughout the course is on group learning and talking rather than formal teaching.
The key messages from Healthy Food for Life are:
- Eat more vegetables, salad and fruit – Up to seven servings a day
- Limit intake of high fat, sugar, salt (HFSS) food and drinks
- Size matters: Use the food pyramid as a guide for serving sizes
- Increase your physical activity levels
- Small changes can make a big difference. Start TODAY!
The Healthy Food for Life resources can also be ordered from healthpromotion.ie
Healthy Food Made Easy is delivered in a friendly, relaxed and fun atmosphere and the content is based on the most up-to-date healthy eating guidelines from the Department of Health.
Topics covered include:
- Building a Food Pyramid
- Fibre Providers
- Focus on Fats
- Food for Life
- Shop Smart (budget and label reading)
- Conversation with Community Dietician
- The Road Ahead
- Practical Cooking Experience
For more information or to register your interest email us at email@example.com
Or you can contact Sinead directly by phoning 087 4312713 or email: