We are delighted to be taking part in the Sláintecare Healthy Communities Healthy Food Made Easy Programme.
The Healthy Food Made Easy (HFME) programme provides a nutrition and cookery course that helps people to change to a healthy diet, plan meals on a budget and make easy to cook meals.
The key messages from Healthy Food for Life are:
- Eat more vegetables, salad and fruit – Up to seven servings a day
- Limit intake of high fat, sugar, salt (HFSS) food and drinks
- Size matters: Use the food pyramid as a guide for serving sizes
- Increase your physical activity levels
- Small changes can make a big difference. Start TODAY!
The Healthy Food for Life resources can also be ordered from healthpromotion.ie
Healthy Food Made Easy is delivered in a friendly, relaxed and fun atmosphere and the content is based on the most up-to-date healthy eating guidelines from the Department of Health.
Topics covered include:
- Building a Food Pyramid
- Fibre Providers
- Focus on Fats
- Food for Life
- Shop Smart (budget and label reading)
- Conversation with Community Dietician
- The Road Ahead
- Practical Cooking Experience
To register your interest or for more information email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also find out about other Sláintecare Healthy Communities initiatives we are participating in on our Healthy Life page.