The EDI Centre is committed to the principle of equality and diversity in community and providing opportunities to empower individuals in making informed choices about their own education, training and employment needs.
Strengths of the EDI Centre
• Experience staff and management committee
• Expertise and support from ICTU, INOU,SOLAS, DEASP, LCRL, LCDC
• Centrally located purpose-built building
• Offer a wide range of services and supports to client group
• Client can avail of long term backup and support
• Knowledge of local labour market and local issues
• Demonstrated record of progression of clients
• Excellent track record of delivering effective services
• Local community hold the Centre in high regard
• Established links with statutory agencies
• Effective use of resources – maximum benefit for clients
• Community based – offering impartial advice
• On-going staff training encouraged
• Good relationships with rural communities allowing Outreach Programmes
Meet some of the hard-working and dedicated team behind the EDI Centre in Longford
A qualified tutor and coordinator with expertise in training and development, I believe in Life Long Learning with emphasis on people’s experiences and prior learning. Having achieved a B.A Degree in Business, Enterprise and Community Development I welcome the opportunity to support, encourage and enhance the lives of those furthest from the labour market. I have extensive experience within the community and voluntary sector working in collaboration with Longford Community Resources Clg, the EDI Centre and other statutory agencies over the years.
Breda Murphy, EDI Centre Coordinator
Having qualified with a BTEC National Diploma in Social Care in 2001 and working as a Manager for 15 years I understand the importance of education and learning for all ages. I joined the EDI team in 2018 and my position is Assistant Centre Coordinator, I also have a Level 6 in Human Resources Management. My current role allows me to assist others in sourcing suitable training and up-skilling opportunities which will help them to obtain full-time employment within the community. I enjoy encouraging and motivating staff to reach their full potential.
Nicola Clarke, EDI Centre Assistant Coordinator
Qualifications include Community Development Practice; Working with Groups; Training & Development; JEB Teachers Diploma in ICT: Education Principles & Practice. 18 years teaching experience and involved with the planning and delivery of various training programmes and the successful validation of QQI Major Awards for the Congress Centres Network. My current position includes the coordination of all QQI Certification for the EDI Centre and Internal Verification of all EDI ran programmes to ensure they run to a high standard and in line with relevant guidelines.
Goretti Donlon, EDI Centre QQI Coordinator