Kenagh Community Employment Project clg have the following Environmental Worker vacancies:
- Location: Kenagh Village
- Reference: ongoing recruitment
- Hours: 19.5 hours per week
Duties of this Environmental Workers post include but are not limited to:
- Litter control
- General maintenance
- Any other duties that may arise in the upkeep of the village
The Community Employment Programme (also known as a “CE Scheme”) is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities.
Participants on a CE Scheme can take up other part-time work during their placement and this will not affect their CE payment.
Please phone Ann on 089-4032559
Benefits of participating on Community Employment
- Since January 2022 the minimum weekly payment for new participants based on 19.5 hours worked is €230.50.
- You can keep your Medical Card
- You will keep your entitlement to the extra benefits you were getting immediately before going onto CE, provided you continue to satisfy the conditions for these benefits
- Those on reduced Social Welfare payments receive wages based on the full DSP rate while on CE
- PRSI paid at Class A8/A9, which counts as a full Class A contribution
- You may be eligible for the National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
- Financial support for education & training
- Development of skills
- Progress to sustainable full-time employment / self-employment
You can read more about Community Employment here
And a video by Intreo on Community Employment can be viewed here