CE Supervisor Vacancy
Position closed: 21st January 2021
EDI Centre Clg. (Which is funded by the Department of Social Protection) wishes to recruit a Community Employment (CE) Scheme Supervisor on a full-time basis.
The duties of the post will include the co-ordination of services of the centre – planning day to day running of the project which comprises support of staff, managing the accounting/administration requirements of the Scheme in line with Financial and Operation Guidelines issued by the Dept. of Social Protection.
- Implementation of a structured on the job supervision and mentoring programme to ensure progression of CE participants
- Maximising CE participants opportunities for employment, training and development
- Liaison with the Department of Social Protection, sub-sponsors as appointed from time to time, to deliver an agreed work plan, public and private training providers and employer
Essential requirements for the position:
- A major third level qualification at National Framework of Qualification (NFQ) Level 6 or higher in Business/Financial Administration, Training, Human Resources Project Management or related disciplines. Evidence of the award / qualification must be included with the application (i.e., photocopy of award or results)
- At least 3 year’s work experience in a supervisory capacity. Two employment references will be sought from a successful applicant who is under consideration for appointment.
In assessing suitability for the post candidates must demonstrate that they have:
- The ability to prepare and implement a training programme for participants and knowledge of Quality and Qualifications Ireland (QQI) and the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ)
- Knowledge of accounting/administration procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of Health & Safety Regulations
- Proficiency in the use of Information Technology (I.T.) software packages (e.g. MS Office)
Appointment is subject to the approval of grant funding for the position by the Department of Social Protection. This is a full time, fixed term contract up to December 2023.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain Garda vetting clearance.
The Salary will be in accordance with the CE supervisor grant funding scale and conditions set by the Department of Social Protection (published on www.gov.ie)
The EDI Centre is an equal opportunities employer. Canvassing in any form will automatically disqualify.
To apply send a detailed Curriculum Vitae with cover letter and copy of Level 6 Major Award or higher to email@example.com or post to: “Application for C.E. Supervisor” EDI Centre, 11A2 Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Rd, Longford. Enquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org
Position closed: 3rd December 2021
REVAMP 3RStore has 20 years’ experience in furniture up-cycling and recycling and is currently developing and implementing innovative ideas. We are looking for a Project Supervisor to join our team.
Duties and Responsibilities of the role:
- Demonstrate the values of reuse and recycling
- Manage and lead Revamp 3Rstore team and ensure the business plan is adhered too
- Manage day to day financial operations of the business in line with POBAL and company policy
- Ensure the project is staffed adequately, lead, managed and supervised effectively
- Promote continuous development of all staff
- Report and liaise with the voluntary Board of Management of EDI Centre
- Network effectively with all statutory agencies
- Maintain all required records to the standard as required by the Board of Management and POBAL
- Adhere to all health and safety regulations
- Support the development of new initiatives
- Manage and maintain Website and social media platforms
- Knowledge and commitment to upcycling and Centre Circular Economy
- 3 years’ experience in Supervisory role
- Proficient in IT and knowledge of accounting procedures
- Knowledge of Health and Safety is essential
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skill
- Excellent organisational and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
A full clean Driving licence is essential for this position
CANDIDATES WILL BE SHORTLISTED BASED ON THE INFORMATION PROVIDED IN THEIR PPLICATION
The EDI Centre is an equal opportunity employer. This project is funded under the Community Service Programme by the Department of Rural and Community Development.
Position closed: 15th October 2021
This new position within the team at EDI Centre / REVAMP 3RStore will focus on working with community and businesses to transition materials to a circular economy. REVAMP 3RStore has 20 years’ experience in furniture up-cycling and recycling and is currently developing and implementing innovative ideas.
You will work with senior staff and management to deliver a range of activities and outputs associated with REVAMP 3RStores Circular Economy programme.
We are looking for an individual who has experience working on circularity, waste, and resources, preferably within the upcycling / recycling sector.
About the Role
Working with the EDI Centre / REVAMP 3RStore as Development Manager, create the opportunity to lead a team dedicated to finding the solutions that address environmental and societal issues through the adoption of circular economy principles and practice.
We are looking for an experienced and inspirational leader who has experience working on circularity, waste, and resources, has strong analytical, strategy and stakeholder engagement skills. You will be passionate about sustainability, have strong administration skills, be able to manage stakeholder relationships, and have a positive, can-do attitude. The role has scope for the successful candidate to truly make their mark within the organisation and the industry and be provided with the opportunity to work and grow as part of a dynamic team and working environment.
Reporting directly to the Board of Management, as Development Manager you will lead and grow the team and operations to support the development of the circular economy within the midland region. The role will include but will not be limited to:
- Project management and administration of projects, including:
- Internal and external communications and reporting
- Stakeholder management
- Delivery of oral and written communications
- Financial control and budget management
- Preparation of technical and financial reports
- Managing teams and resources
- Building on and developing strong relationships with business partners, local authorities, government agencies and academic institutions to create opportunities to promote the circular economy
- Investigating and creating funding opportunities in support of circular economy objectives
- Supporting social enterprise development and participating in the centre’s mentoring programmes
- Preparing project proposals, funding applications etc.
- Marketing and communicating research on the circular economy, including :
- Public awareness campaigns, platforms and tools
- Representing the Centre on national platforms/representative bodies, at meetings, conferences and events
- Undertaking other duties as required and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job Role Requirements
- A relevant third level qualification in Community Development and or a demonstrable equivalent (at least five to seven years) experience in working at a senior level in the Community & Voluntary or Social Enterprise sectors.
- Significant project management experience and ability to demonstrate skills development within a similar role
- Experience in writing successful funding proposals and managing collaborative projects
Personal Attributes and Interests
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Keen interest and knowledge of environmental issues and the circular economy
- Advanced problem-solving and analytical skills including an ability to accurately analyse and interpret data to inform project decisions
- Self-motivated, highly organised individual with ability to coordinate multiple projects
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work with colleagues and stakeholders at all levels of an organisation
- Proficient in the use of IT and programmes including Microsoft Office (Work, Excel, PowerPoint)
Notes for Applicants the Application Process is in the form of a CV and covering letter illustrating how your skills and experience meet the requirements of the position
Applications and queries to be emailed to: email@example.com
Based on the information contained in the CV and cover letter, the interview committee will select candidates for interview. Shortlisting and interview decisions will be based on the committee’s assessment of candidates’ qualifications, experience and skills in the areas highlighted above.
Note: This summary is supplied for information only and does not constitute contractual terms. This is a full time fixed term up to December 2023. The contract may be extended subject to funding. Salary negotiable on experience.