Receptionist vacancy on our Community Employment Programme.
19.5 hours per week. This position is based inthe EDI Centre .
Duties of this post include but are not limited to:
- Meet and greet visitors to the Centre
- Handle incoming and outgoing mail
- Deal with telephone queries
- Transfer calls to relevant personnel
- Handle queries from visitors
- Check and respond to emails
- Pass on messages to relevant parties
- Complete photocopying tasks
- Show visitors around
- Handle payments
- Update cash book entries
- Work as part of a team
- Promote the services of the Centre
The Community Employment Programme (also known as a “CE Scheme”) is designed to help people who are long-term unemployed get back to work by offering part-time and temporary placements in jobs based within local communities.
Participants on the CE scheme can take up other part-time work during their placement.
Benefits of Participating on Community Employment include:
- Access to, and financial support for, education & training
- PRSI ‘A’ contribution paid (paid employment)
- Progress to sustainable full-time employment / self-employment
- Those on reduced DSP payments receive wages based on the full DSP rate while on CE
- You may be eligible for the Community Employment Childcare (CEC) Programme
- Medical Card retained while on CE
- You will keep your entitlement to the extra benefits you were getting immediately before going onto CE, provided you continue to satisfy the conditions for these benefits
- Financial support for education & training
- You may be eligible for the National Childcare Scheme (NCS)
Please submit CVs to Mary @ email@example.com
You can post CVs to: CE Coordinator, EDI Centre, 11A2 Mastertech Business Park, Athlone Road, Longford, N39 Y0F4.
Or if you are passing by you can drop your CV into our reception area, please mark CVs for the attention of the CE Coordinator.
You can also contact Mary by phoning 043-3347515
You can read more about Community Employment here and a video by Intreo on Community Employment can be viewed here
More information on the EDI Centre’s Community Employment Scheme and our vacancies can be found on our Blog