This is a part-time day course
TBC – ongoing registrations
€400 – a €50 non-refundable deposit is required to secure a place on this course. Full fees to be paid two weeks prior to course start date. Funding may be available for eligible participants.
To register for this course or for more information please contact us on 043-3347515 or email email@example.com
This module holds a credit value of 15 credits on the National Framework of Qualifications. This course requires a minimum attendance of 80% attendance.
The purpose of this award is to equip the learner with the relevant knowledge, skill and competence to deliver, assess and evaluate a training and development intervention.
Level 5 Certificate / Leaving Certificate (or equivalent) or relevant life experience. Mature Applicants with relevant life and work experience are welcomed.
As this Level 6 course is delivered through English it is necessary learners have a good standard of written and spoken English to complete this course.
A basic working knowledge of computers is required to do this course.
- Examine the internal and external environmental factors influencing training and development requirements
- Differentiate between the concepts of learning, training, development and education
- Examine the impact of organisation strategy, policy, vision and mission on training and development
- Examine the purpose of training and development in an organisational and or individual setting
- Outline the benefits of training needs analysis at an organisation and or individual level
- Assess a range of approaches and techniques to conduct a training needs analysis
- Outline the stages in conducting a training needs analysis
- Assess a range of Instructional System Design (ISD) models
- Apply a comprehensive range of specialised skills and tools in identifying the barriers to training and attitudes to training in an organisation
- Devise a training plan based on prioritised training needs to include a cost benefit analysis
- Design a training intervention, that incorporates a range of design factors to include trainees, adult learning theories, motivation theories, objectives, exercises, training methods, learning aids, location and facilities
- Develop appropriate training content and materials using a range of learning aids to include web based facilities, software, flipcharts and handouts
- Evaluate a range of performance management approaches in the context of identifying training and development needs
- Conduct a Training Needs Analysis(TNA) to identify training and development needs for an organisation and or individual
- Identify TNA outcomes in terms of gaps in knowledge, skills and attitudes.
**While it is possible to complete this as a standalone module, Training Needs Identification and Design forms part of the Level 6 Training and Development 6S3372 Special Purpose Award. To achieve the Special Purpose Award you will also need to complete the module Training Delivery and Evaluation 6N3326
Assignment 40% (two assignments weighting 20% each)
Pass 50% – 64%
Merit 65% – 79%
Distinction 80% – 100%